CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Isabeau is here!!

Thursday I started to have contractions at around noon. I had been having Braxton-Hicks contractions since Monday and these were different! Around 9 pm they started to get more consistent and painful. By 1:30 am Friday, I woke Josh up and let him know it was time to go. We waited for my mother-in-law to come get Caleb and then we left for the birth center. We got there shortly after 3 am and I was dilated to a 6. Man that was good news! I got in the tub and at 5 am, I felt like I may need to push but was not sure so I asked my midwife to check me. I got out of the tub and was dilated to a 9. Since I felt like I needed to push, we stayed in the bed and I pushed. 30 minutes later, Isabeau was born! 7 pounds 8 ounces and 18 3/4 inches long. She has dark hair and has a chubby face! She was born on her due date.

We were unsure how Caleb would take the whole thing but when he saw her his little face lit up and immediately he wanted to hold her. He did not want to let go and was not happy when he had to give her up to Grandma. He is so happy to be a big brother and he will be the best!

I am so glad that it went so quickly. It was very hard, very hard. I think I gave Josh, Jessica, and the midwife quite a few laughs. All in all though, I got a beautiful baby girl and what they say about forgetting the pain when they are born is pretty much true. I dont think I will forget the pain, but it paled in comparison when my beautiful little girl finally came. Here are a few pictures and there will be plenty more to come.

So sorry you missed it Linds. She decided she wanted to be a timely baby!



6 comments:

Jess said...

She is perfect!

Jessica's Creative Corner said...

she is beautiful, I am so bummed I missed it Des seriously....I will be there in a few days and we will get busy doin some newborn shots...AGAIN SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

I will probably fly in on the 23rd..so once I know my flight time I will call you so we can set a time cause the window will most likely be small...talk soon!

jess

lindsayloo said...

I am so sorry i missed it, too. shame on me!!!
I am so proud of you, sooo proud and sooo sad I missed it, but I'm thrilled that she is here and can't wait to see her.
LOVE YOU!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Desiree your daughter is sooo beatiful! She looks like an angel!! Congratulations from the UK!! Keep on uploading photos please!!
Muchos besos!!

PAULA

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. She is beautiful!